...And ended with the death that would change the wizard world. Yep, I'm talking about Harry Potter. 11 years ago I bought Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I was hooked from page one and promptly went out and purchased The Chamber of Secrets, The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire. I read them all with complete abandon.
After finishing The Goblet of Fire I waited very impatiently for The Order of the Phoenix, The Half Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows to come out. I devoured them. I cried at the loss of favorite characters. When they were sad I was sad. When they were happy, I was. I sat in the Great Hall with them. I watched Harry, Ron and Hermione drink polyjuice potion, fight a troll, find the deathly hallows, destroy a prophecy and kill Lord Voldemort.
Last Friday at midnight I joined millions of Harry Potter fans for a final hurrah to Harry as HP and The Deathly Hallows part 2 came out in movie theaters. I watched everything I had read in the book came to life on the big screen. I watched Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall bringing statues to life. I watched Neville Longbottom running from the snatchers and killed Nagini. I watched as Hermione, Ron and Harry stole into the room of requirement and destroyed Rowena Ravenclaws diadem. I watched as Snape, the death eater turned Potter supporter lost his life. And I watched as Harry fought the battle to end all battles and killed Lord Voldemort.
After 11 long, fantastic, joyful and tear filled years, my parting words are these: Thank you Jo Rowling for providing millions of fans with such an amazing world and bringing its characters to life. Hogwarts will not be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment